How To Bid
- Read the Auction Terms of Sale before bidding. Closing times may change during bidding, so it is important that you are familiar with our closing procedure.
- To place a bid go to the auction section on the shop page, click on the item on auction. If an item has not received its opening bid, you may bid that amount or any higher amount. If the item already has an opening bid, the screen will show the next acceptable bid (10% above the current bid amount). You may also call us at 021 551 4240 to place bids by phone if you prefer.
- For each item, you may enter the lowest acceptable bid OR you may enter your confidential MAXIMUM bid. A MAXIMUM bid may be any amount. If you enter your maximum bid, it will be executed at the lowest amount possible, but if you are outbid, Bluesky Cosmetics will bid on your behalf as needed, to keep you as the high bidder up to the maximum amount you specify. An email will be sent if your maximum is exceeded. Eg. If an item has an opening bid of R100, and you are prepared to go up to R250, you can put the bid in of R250 and our system will then bid on your behalf up and till the maximum bid of R250. So if no one else bids you will get the item for the opening bid of R100 even though you put in the maximum bid of R250. If however there were other bidders interested in the same item and they put in a bid of R110, the system would automatically put in a bid of R120 for you, and this would happen up to the maximum bid that you had originally put in. So if someone put in a bid for R250, you would automatically win as your bid would take preference over the theirs as it was done after yours, however if they then put in a bid of R260, they would be the winning bid. The increments of each auction may differ so the amount that is bid on your behalf will be done according to the increments of that specific item.
- Invoices are mailed to all bidders on the close of the auction. Telephone inquiries about winning bids can answered at 021 551 4240 during working hours, Mon – Fri 08:30 – 17:00.
- We ship in the order paid—first in, first out. Thus, we begin charging orders as instructed by customers during the auction and continue to fill orders as they are paid. Without exception, all special requests for “Rush Delivery” will incur a charge of R185.00 plus any additional shipping fee associated with the expedited shipment. Overall, our goal is to ship all orders within 3 business days of payment. Allow 7 days from the day you send payment before calling to check on the status of your order.